POs/Vouchers must be received from charter students prior to the first day of class per each charter school’s policies. Please do your best to submit your PO/Voucher request as soon as possible. If your PO/Voucher has been submitted but is waiting to be processed, please email me and let me know asap at email@example.com
If you are a private homeschooler, payment must be received by the first day of instruction. You may pay monthly or for the whole semester via PayPal. Message me for a link to invoice you via PayPal or Venmo.
Sometimes, a class just doesn’t work out and must be dropped. No refunds, however, are given after the drop date.Drop date for the Fall 2019 semester is September 10, 2019.
Per most charter school policies, I'm unable to offer a pro-rated fee should registration occur after the start date.
New students will only be added until the second week of class.
If a student is struggling with the course content, please reach out to me. I can work with you and your child to teach and assign skills to help strengthen an area of writing. Because students in a class may vary wildly in skill, some items may be review for your student and some may be fresh information. I want each student to taste success in writing and I can adjust assignments as needed. I do, however, want to challenge and stretch the students while trying to add in some fun and enjoyment also.
Office Hours: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in between classes from 9:00 am - 1:45 pm; Wednesdays - 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
*Students have access to a chat box during our live classtime that is recorded along with the class. I leave it open in the event that someone's microphone doesn't work. However, I will shut it off if the chat box gets off topic as it can be very distracting to other students and prevent learning from happening.
* Students needing to leave a class early, can exit out of the live session quietly. They are responsible for watching the recorded class to catch up on any information missed.
* Students need to log-in a minimum of 5 minutes prior to class starting in order to make sure all of all technical kinks are worked out.
* Should a student have technical difficulties during class (i.e. can't hear, can't see the whiteboard, etc.), they should quietly log out of the live classroom and then log back in. That usually fixes the glitch. Sometimes, however, it is the wifi connection and that cannot be fixed.
* Students should come prepared for each live class session, having completed their assignments.
* Assignments can be re-opened should a student need to turn it in late or re-submit.
* If a student needs to miss a live class, a recording of it will be posted in the "Resources" section of our class website. Please make sure your student watches this class in order to know how to complete the assigned work properly and to be caught up on class status.
* If a student is struggling or doesn't understand, PLEASE have them email me! They don't need to suffer in silence. I'm happy to help them outside of class to make sure they understand.